Lesson: Don't drink diet drinks. Ever.
2. My baby girl is going to turn 8 in just two weeks. Cue Mommy meltdown. How is this even possible?! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was swaddling her and crying in the shower, begging God for two hours of consolidated sleep at night? Now she is rocking out to Victorious and taking longer to get dressed than I do.
Lesson: Rock your baby tonight.
3. I have severe baby-itis right now. Adoption is heavy on my heart these days and God is working to possibly open that door for us again after a very long time. I had almost given up hope, but God has plans and I am trusting Him to do what He wants with our family.
Lesson: Never stop hoping.
4. It is finally warm weather. Unfortunately, my lack of sunshine for the past couple months resulted in an uncomfortable sunburn when I decided to take advantage of the weather and hit the beach.
Lesson: Always wear sunscreen.
5. I live in a retirement community. No seriously... this neighborhood is a haven for elderly couples seeking warm beach weather and quiet retreat in their later years. It is super nice and quiet, but I've discovered that old people are mean. In fact, just this week, I witnessed a fight break out in the park between two old women over whether a dog should be allowed to sit on the fishing dock without a leash.
Lesson: Old people are grouchy. Beware.
6. Yesterday, I was feeling bad (see #1), stressed about work, trying to pray through some big decisions, and overly emotional (surprising, right?). I ended up crying four different times before noon. Sometimes tears are an outlet for stress I think! My poor husband has learned that sometimes I just need to have a good cry or I'll explode. Thankfully, when these things happen, he hugs me for just the right amount of time and then runs for his life. ;)
Lesson: Sometimes you just gotta cry.
7. In my new quest for "clean eating", I discovered Simply Grapefruit Juice. Then I discovered Simply Raspberry Lemonade. Then I discovered bliss.
Lesson: When life gives you lemons, drink Simply Lemonade.
8. We got the scores back from the kid's achievement tests last week and I am one proud mama! Both of my kids did so well on their tests! Walker might be a little wild at times, but homeboy really learned his stuff in kindergarten. And for all of Ally's sighs and looks of disgust about writing assignments, it paid off because she only missed 2 questions on the whole achievement test.
Lesson: Homeschooling is hard, but it sure is worth it.
9. In watching television lately, I feel like everything has turned into political propaganda. All of my favorite shows are suddenly featuring random shootings and putting in plugs about gun control. It's everywhere I look. What's wrong with the world today? I get why people are freaked out about guns, but at the same time, why not educate people? I've been exposed to guns my entire life and I have a healthy fear of them. Banning guns won't stop violence. It's illegal to smoke marijuana, but that doesn't mean the surf shop doesn't smell like grass. Just sayin'.
Lesson: Laws don't change people. Jesus does.
10. Josh bought me a bicycle a couple weeks ago and I took it out for a ride the other day. It is so much fun to get out there and ride like a kid again! I had forgotten how much fun it was to ride a bike! I had also forgotten how small the seats were. Or maybe my rear just got larger... ??? We'll say it's the seats. Anyway, I was riding down the street and my neighbor up the road waved at me. This is monumental because people in this neighborhood are not friendly (see #5) so I immediately knew I had to wave back. This was huge. Only, I forgot how to delicately balance on a bike with one hand on the handlebars while waving... and I ran into the ditch. My neighbor ducked his head and pretended he didn't see it. I escaped with no serious injuries, but some mildly wounded pride.
Lesson: Don't wave and ride.